Table of Contents
- How Does the New Cisco CCNA R&S Certification Compare to the Existing 640-802 Exam?
- How Does the New Cisco CCNA R&S Certification Help to Advance Your Career?
- What Are the Prerequisites for the New Cisco CCNA R&S Certification?
- How to Prepare for the New Cisco CCNA R&S Certification Exam?
The Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) Routing and Switching certification is one of the most popular and valued certifications in the IT industry. It is a comprehensive certification that covers the fundamentals of networking and provides an entry point into a career in networking. With the introduction of the new CCNA Routing and Switching Certification, Cisco has made some changes to the certification requirements. The traditional CCNA 640-802 exam has been replaced with two new certification exams: the ICND1 and ICND
1. This new certification path requires candidates to pass both the ICND1 and ICND2 exams. Making it more comprehensive and difficult to achieve.
What are the Benefits of the New Cisco CCNA R&S Certification?
The Cisco CCNA R&S certification is a valuable credential for those looking to advance their career in the world of networking. It provides an in-depth understanding of routing and switching technologies. Allowing professionals to become more knowledgeable and proficient in their field. With the new CCNA R&S certification, professionals can demonstrate their expertise in networking and can open the door to new career opportunities. The CCNA R&S certification offers a range of benefits to professionals, including:
1. A Valuable Credential: The CCNA R&S certification is a widely recognized credential in the networking industry, and it is a valuable asset for anyone looking to advance their career. It is also a pre-requisite for other certifications, such as the CCNP R&S certification.
2. Increased Knowledge and Skills: The CCNA R&S certification provides an in-depth understanding of routing and switching technologies. As a result, professionals can become more knowledgeable and proficient in their field.
3. Job Opportunities: The CCNA R&S certification can open the door to a wide range of job opportunities, from entry-level positions to more advanced roles.
4. Increased Salary: With the CCNA R&S certification, professionals can earn higher salaries than those without the credential.
5. Career Advancement: The CCNA R&S certification can provide a stepping stone for further career advancement. Professionals with the certification can demonstrate their expertise in networking, and can progress to more advanced roles. Overall, the CCNA R&S certification is a valuable asset for those looking to advance their career in the world of networking. It can provide a range of benefits, from increased knowledge and skills, to job opportunities and increased salaries.
How Does the New Cisco CCNA R&S Certification Compare to the Existing 640-802 Exam?
The Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) Routing and Switching certification is a new credential from Cisco Systems which replaces the existing CCNA 640-802 exam. This new certification program is designed to validate the skills and knowledge of network professionals in the areas of routing and switching, network security, service provider technologies, and wireless networking. The new CCNA R&S certification requires candidates to pass two exams: the ICND1 (100-105) and ICND2 (200-105) or the single CCNA (200-125) exam.
All three exams cover the same topics. But the CCNA exam is more comprehensive and includes topics not covered in the ICND1 and ICND2 exams. The topics covered in the new CCNA R&S certification include basic network fundamentals, IP addressing, Ethernet fundamentals, routing protocols, network access and security, network troubleshooting, and more. The topics are designed to give network professionals the skills and knowledge needed to design, configure, manage, and troubleshoot networks of any size.
The new CCNA R&S certification also includes a focus on security topics, including firewalls, intrusion prevention, and VPNs. This is an important addition because it emphasizes the need for network professionals to understand security protocols and methods to protect their networks. Overall, the new CCNA R&S certification is a significant upgrade over the previous 640-802 exam. The new exam covers more topics and has a greater focus on security protocols and methods. This makes it a better indicator of a network professional’s knowledge and skills in the areas of routing and switching, network security, and wireless networking.
How Does the New Cisco CCNA R&S Certification Help to Advance Your Career?
The Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) Routing and Switching certification is an industry-recognized credential that proves a person’s expertise in configuring, operating, and troubleshooting medium-sized routed and switched networks. This certification is highly valued by employers and is a very sought-after qualification in the IT field. Having a CCNA Routing and Switching certification on your resume can help open doors to numerous job opportunities in the IT field. It demonstrates to employers that you have the knowledge and experience to successfully set up, manage, and maintain a medium-sized network.
This certification is also a great way to demonstrate your commitment to the IT field. Since it requires a significant investment of time and effort. In addition to opening up new job opportunities, the CCNA certification can also help you advance in your current position. Having this certification will show your employer that you are serious about your career and that you have the skills and knowledge to take on more challenging roles. It also proves to employers that you have the knowledge and experience to provide quality network solutions and services. Finally, having a CCNA Routing and Switching certification gives you the opportunity to stand out from the competition.
With this certification, you can demonstrate to employers that you have the knowledge and experience to take on more complex tasks and responsibilities. This can be invaluable in helping you advance in your career and make a name for yourself in the IT industry. In conclusion, the Cisco CCNA Routing and Switching certification is a valuable asset that can help you advance your career. It can open up job opportunities, demonstrate commitment to the IT field, and make you stand out from the competition. With this certification, you can show employers that you have the knowledge and experience to take on more complex responsibilities and be a valuable asset to any team.
What Are the Prerequisites for the New Cisco CCNA R&S Certification?
In order to obtain the new Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) Routing and Switching certification, applicants must meet certain prerequisites. The first requirement is that applicants must have a valid Cisco Certified Entry Networking Technician (CCENT) certification, or an equivalent level of knowledge. The second requirement is that applicants must pass two exams. The 200-125 CCNA Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices (ICND1) and the 200-105 ICND2 exams.
Both exams are designed to test the knowledge and understanding of networking principles. As well as the ability to configure, troubleshoot, and maintain Cisco routers and switches. The third requirement is that applicants must have a valid email address and a valid credit card or PayPal account in order to purchase the exam vouchers. Finally, applicants must be at least 18 years of age in order to be eligible for the CCNA Routing and Switching certification.
How to Prepare for the New Cisco CCNA R&S Certification Exam?
Preparing for the new Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) Routing and Switching certification exam can seem daunting. However, with the right resources and study plan, passing the exam is achievable. Here are some tips to help you prepare for the CCNA R&S certification exam.
1. Understand the Exam Content: The CCNA R&S certification exam is divided into two parts. The first part covers network fundamentals, LAN switching technologies, routing technologies, WAN technologies, and infrastructure services. The second part covers infrastructure security, infrastructure services, and infrastructure automation. Become familiar with the topics covered in each part and understand how they are interconnected.
2. Use Official Resources: Use the official resources provided by Cisco such as the CCNA R&S Certification Exam Guide. The CCNA R&S Exam Prep, and the Official CCNA R&S Study Guide. This will ensure that you are studying the relevant topics and will also provide additional practice questions.
3. Practice Lab Exercises: While reading and understanding the material is important. You will also need to be able to apply what you have learned. Practice lab exercises are an effective way to gain hands-on experience and to develop the skills you need to pass the exam.
4. Take Practice Exams: Taking practice exams is an important part of your preparation. It will help you assess your understanding of the material, identify areas of weakness, and measure your progress.
5. Join a Study Group: Joining a study group is a great way to stay motivated and accountable. It can also be a great source of support and advice as you prepare for the exam. These tips will help you prepare for the CCNA R&S certification exam and increase your chances of passing the exam. Good luck!
The new Cisco CCNA R&S Certification is a great step forward in the field of networking. It offers a more comprehensive, up-to-date, and modern approach to networking. Which can help prepare individuals for the future of networking. The new certification has replaced the old 640-802 exam, and with its added features. It is an invaluable tool for anyone looking to gain a better understanding of networking.